Ep. 18: Responsive Strategies in Your Behavior Plan
Behavior Support | December 15, 2019
In This Episode on Responsive Strategies
- What strategies to include for responding to challenging behavior.
- Why it’s important to have a written section in the behavior plan for responding to challenging behavior.
- Considerations in choosing strategies for responding to problem behavior.
- How to use FBA data to make decisions on how to respond to behaviors.
- How to handle crises effectively with written plans.
Our next step in building a behavioral support plan is determining how we are going to respond to challenging behavior. We’ve talked about strategies for preventing the behavior, ways to replace the behaviors and skills that we need to teach to supplement our replacement behaviors skills.
Even if we have the most kick ass plan on the planet for this student with tons of preventive strategies and replacement skills being taught, the behavior is still going to occur at some point. And so it’s critically important this we write out this part of the plan for everyone to follow consistently.
Even if we have the most kick ass plan on the planet for this student with tons of preventive strategies and replacement skills being taught, the behavior is still going to occur at some point.
I mention these videos as a resource in this episode. Click the picture to sign up for the Resource Library and get the videos including ones on contingency maps, replacement behaviors, and more strategies to beef up your behavior plans.
Resources for Responding to Challenging Behavior & Behavior Plans